Tuesday, September 4, 2012

color adventures

I went back to working on Christmas cards again; I'm a little worried about having enough made early, and I'm feeling a lot inspired by the new stamp sets and my Pinterest habit.  I don't know what got into me, but the Less is More color challenge of Brown and Pink (?!) turned into a Christmas card, with help from the Clean & Simple sketch:
stamp sets - Open Sleigh, Chock-Full of Cheer, Ornament Keepsakes; ink - Chocolate Chip, Versamark; Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder; card stock - Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose;  punch - 1/2" circle; Big Shot with Holiday Ornaments framelits; Stampin' Dimensionals
I don't know why I didn't use the sentiment from Open Sleigh and give myself one less box to put away, but if you own, use them, right?

Then there was the Dynamic Duo color challenge - it's much easier to understand that Poppy Parade and Lucky Limeade would turn into a Christmas card:


stamp sets - Star Tree, Netting; ink - Lucky Limeade; card stock - Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade (retired), Whisper White; Big Shot with Finishing Touches edgelit, Dazzling Details
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathe,
    Clean and wonderful! I love this stamp and bought it as well. A great way to use those colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards. ;-) I love how you used the Dynamic Duos colors - that beautiful tree and the nice pattern behind, and I love the pinked edge on the side. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just beautiful, but I love your DD Christmas tree! The pinked edge really gives this one a unique flavor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LIM card Kathe, those ornaments look fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB card Kathe
    Those ornaments are super!
    I think Id have just used 2 of the circles, so I had a group of 5....no offence
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your kind comments - thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to share the love!