The lawn really needed mowing this evening and I really needed a shower and some couch time after that, so it got to be pretty late before I finally headed down to the craft table where my sister-in-law's birthday card needed an inner sentiment. I had addressed the envelope and opened the card to sign it, only to find it totally blank inside - I hate it when I do that to myself. Correcting that was just enough crafting to whet my appetite, so I looked over my challenge grid and decided to treat myself to working with my favorite combination, which also happens to be this week's
Dynamic Duo-Monochromatic Color Combo of Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush. I thought if I made an effort, possibly I could tie it in with
Less is More's 3-2-1 Recipe. I wasn't sure if a monochrome color scheme would really qualify as two colors, but I was sure I could keep it to two layers. I could go with a one-word sentiment and add three of something (butterflies? flowers?) or if I used three words, I would just need one of something (maybe a die cut?) - Oh, look - there's that
Clean and Simple #205 sketch with a shape in the corner (well, Natasha meant us to stamp a few items together, but I don't think she'd mind too much if I took a little creative liberty):
stamp set - Curly Cute; ink - Concord Crush (retired); card stock - Concord Crush (retired), Wisteria Wonder; Big Shot with Paper Doily Sizzlit, Stampin' Dimensionals
Edited to add: ended with 3 words on 2 layers (or using 2 colors) with 1 die cut
Being completely satisfied with myself at this point, I think maybe I'll nestle into bed and see whether visions of stamping projects will dance in my head. (Stamping projects being so much more delightful than sugarplums, you know.)
LOVE your thought process!!! And it all came together beautifully on this card! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!
ReplyDeleteI'm a trifle confused now... what were your final 3-2-1 elements?
ReplyDeleteIt's a fab card however!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Thanks for editing he 3-2-1 explanation
ReplyDeleteSuper card
Thanks very much
Mandi
LIM
This is great xx Jan
ReplyDelete