Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Coldwater, Michigan - KatheD@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

continued creatively crafty adventures

Sunday, I was telling you that I completed nine (or maybe only eight) cards over the weekend, but I only posted two of them.  In hopes that you'd be interested, here are two more.

In addition to Christmas cards, there will Halloween choices at Card Buffet this week.  I mashed up some ideas I saw on Pinterest, and needed a color scheme, so I used the September photo inspiration from Creative With Stamps:
stamp set - Sheltering Tree; ink - Basic Black, Dapper Denim, Rich Razzleberry; card stock - Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Dapper Denim, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie; Big Shot with Brick Wall embossing folder and Hearth & Home framelits

When I placed my first order from the 2016-2017 catalog I got Vertical Greetings because sometimes the side of the card is the right placement for a sentiment, and it has six great choices.  In spite of owning almost all the embossing folders (because I love them all!), I didn't order the Petal Burst embossing folder, thinking I don't really do a lot of flowery stuff.  Imagine my chagrin when I realized that the "petals" are the same design as the foliage in the Vertical Greeting plants!  Well, okay, it's not a bundled item and I didn't miss out on a discount, so I guess it wasn't that bad, but still...  I ordered it later, but I hadn't gotten around to using it, so it wasn't put away.  I needed to clean off the counter before Card Buffet, and I also needed some new display cards - the only other thing I needed was a color scheme, and Fab Friday 96 is perfect:

stamp set - Vertical Greetings; ink - Delightful Dijon; Stampin' Write markers - Delightful Dijon, Emerald Envy; card stock - Very Vanilla, Delightful Dijon, Emerald Envy; Big Shot with Petal Burst embossing folder


And, finally, here's the "corrected" version of the card I made using CPC63, the sketch from Craft Project Central:

stamp set - Christmas Pines; ink - Versamark; Stampin' Emboss powder - Copper; card stock - Whisper White, Basic Black, Copper foil; Big Shot with Pine Bough embossing folder, Pretty Pines thinlits and Layering Circles framelits

I just couldn't stand it, missing that piece, and I couldn't wait for my order (which I'm still filling in), but I was able to borrow some of this gorgeous Copper foil paper from my friend and upline, Nisha, and she dropped it off today!






9 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

The topiary is a great stamp to use for our colors this week! I haven't gotten the Petal Burst embossing folder....yikes...might have to adjust my next order! Great card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

So pretty! I love the look of the topiary how you've colored it - adds such depth tp those tiny little leaves, and of course, perfectly set off with the EF, lol. I need to get this set! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful cards! I love your clean designs and color schemes. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Dotty Jo x said...

Such an inspired way to use the colour combo! Thanks for joining us at Creative With Stamps, Jo x

Billie A said...

Oh my your card is awesome. The colors are perfect for challenge at Creative with stamps. I love the scene you created. Thank you for joining us.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments

Brian King said...

Kathe - These are all great cards! I love your use of these colors with the Vertical Greetings card. Thank you for playing along with this Fab Friday color challenge - I'm glad you did.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Kathe I have that window too
and your blending the scene and the way you used our color combo is perfecto
thi is so a Magic card Love really your blending behind the window
Great card Kathe...
Many thanks for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month.
Hugs
Monika
PS:If you like to visit my DT card I would be so happy Kathe :) only if you have time ...see you soon maybe

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic set of cards Kathe. Love the embossed folder on all... the window card looks so pretty with the colorful sky. I got the vertical greeting set too, for the same reason. :) Your holiday card is so elegant with the touch of gold. Thank you for using the September sketch at Craft Project Central.

Rijacki Ledum said...

Your creations are lovely!