Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Coldwater, Michigan - KatheD@gmail.com

Monday, April 20, 2015

adventures with Rose Red

Rose Red is a Stampin' Up!® color I rarely use; not only is it pink, which I seriously dislike, it's deeply, vividly pink and I have trouble putting it with other colors.  This week two of the challenges I follow included Rose Red in their color selections, and I surprised myself by liking both combinations!

The first combination came from CAS Colours & Sketches, but then I used the sketch from Cardabilities, and  forgot the CAS (Clean And Simple) part:
stamp sets - Serene Silhouettes, I Love Lace, Something to Say; ink - Coastal Cabana, Rose Red, Versamark, Perfect Plum (on envelope); card stock - Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Rose Red, Perfect Plum; designer series paper - Floral District (retired); punches - Modern Label, Scallop Circle, Lace Ribbon Border (retired);  Big Shot with Circles Collection framelits; Tea Lace doily

This project followed the combination at ColorMe! which ended earlier today, so I won't be linked up there, either.  I made it yesterday, but didn't finish early enough to write it up:

stamp sets - Summer Silhouettes, Honeycomb Hello; ink - Rose Red, Pistachio Pudding; card stock - Rose Red Core'dinations (retired), Blushing Bride, Whisper White; designer series paper - Blushing Bride (retired); punches - Envelope Punch Board, Boho Blossoms; Big Shot with Spring Flowers embossing folder, sanding system (retired)
It's a mini composition book I bought (3 for $1) to use for party favors.  I had a few decorated ones on display in my craft room, and while my house was full a few weeks ago, some family members admired them.  I gave away two, and made this one especially for my daughter-in-law, who loves pink but hates butterflies.  The flower designs I had on hand had butterflies.

6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Your card looks wonderful.. love the doiley fan! thanks for joining in with Cardabilities!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Beautiful interpretation of our sketch! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
Darlene
CARDABILITIES DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Cathrine Sandvik said...

I love the way you solved our sketch this time :-) Thank you for playing along with Cardabilities :-) Good luck! Love- Cathrine DT

vairatka said...

Beautiful card :)
Thanks for joining our challenge at Cardabilities!

Lilian YF said...

Beautiful color combo...I liked what you did with the doily!
Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!
Lilian
http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

Tetiana Arkhipova artv157 said...

Such a sweet card! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities!